Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to preselect data in listbox

Hi all,

I'm a very new user of QlikView (24 hours and counting) and need to ask the community a question.

I'm building a dashboard that is specific to a division in our organisation (Division 6 of 6) and I have connected the data from a large Excel sheet that lists entries by the different divisions.

I have a tab with a listbox that reads the necessary column but displays all 6 divisions for selection and I want to have only Division 6 selected. Now, I've looked into the Triggers for the Sheet Properties (which I think is what I'm looking for) but I think my expression is wrong, and that's where I need the help please.

I've added and action on the 'OnActivateSheet' button > chosen 'Select in Field' > added the Object ID (in my instance it is LB02) to the trigger 'Field' and in the 'Search String' box, put ='(Division 6)'

Now, I'm probably way off track but can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Duncan,

On your action put

Field-> Division

Search String -> 6

Reagards!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for your reply, but it isn't working.

The column header in the Excel sheet is 'Lead Administration' and the entries in that column are listed in the many rows as Division 1, Division 2 etc to Division 6. So in the sheet I'd like Division 6 to only be selected on opening the sheet.

I tried to input into the Field box the column name, as suggested in the Edit Expression dialog box, but that wasn't working so I resorted to putting in the Object ID to see if that worked. In the Search String box I thought I needed to put the exact selection I wanted and as the entry is two words, I thought I'd need to encapsulate that in parentheses.

Thanks.

Or
MVP
MVP

In "Field" use the field name (e.g. Division), rather than the list box's ID. A selection is made in a field for the entire document, not just a specific list box.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Aha! I've now gotten it working. I think I was looking at it a little more complex than it actually is.

Thanks all!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On field you have to write the field name that you want to select, and on search string the value to select.

Regards!