Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icaro_povoa
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to "vlookup" in other tables

Dear All,

I am new on Qlik and I want to build a script that combine 2 tables.

The first table is

Field NBResponsible
1Marcus
2Steven
3Joe
4Elizabeth

and the second one is

Field NBAcreageLocationSeason

Considering that the field numbers are unique and cannot repeat, how can I "search" (vlookup) the Responsible from the field and add it on my script below?

Load

FieldName

Acreage

Season

From ......

Thank you for you help.

Regards

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

I would suggest just doing a regular join here:

Table:

LOAD [Field NB],

Responsible

FROM Source1;

Join(Table)

LOAD [Field NB], 

Acreage,

Location,

Season

FROM Source2;

Anonymous
Not applicable

How is the value in the column 'field' getting generated? If it comes from a DB or a file (and not auto generated in QlikView) and if your first table only has 2 columns, you can think of using Mapping load and ApplyMap() to basically glue the column 'Responsible' with table second.

Something like:

table1:

Mapping load *

INLINE [

FIELD NB,Responsible

1, Marcus

2, Steven

3, Joe

4, Lizzy

];

table2:

Load *,

ApplyMap('table1',FIELD NB, 'N/A') as Responsible

inline [

FIELD NB, Acreage, Location, Season

];

icaro_povoa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Nakul1001, I don not have only two columns on my first table. Actually I have 8 tables, with at least five columns and with 10 or 15 different "Responsible Names" in each.

Any Other Option?

Sunny I could not make it work by your proposal. Can you provide more details?

• Is it possible to create this "join" if the columns names of [NB Field] is are not the same in the to tables?
  • As written above I have 8 different tables for supervisors, how can I add all of them in the script of "Join Table".
  • If I have the [Nb Field] in one table but not in the other... will this work as a filter just showing the information that is displayed in both tables?

Thanks

icaro_povoa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sunny T,

Only now I could use your suggestion and added multiples Tables and then multiple Join.

But unfortunately, now, everytime that I select a Responsible name, it is working as a filter.

In other words, if I have 1000 Field Nb on the place I am "join", and 10 on the "table", I´ll only see the 10 Field Nb where I have a Responsible. The other 990 will be removed from my graphic. Is it possible to keep the 990 Fields in the graphic?

Thank you

sunny_talwar

Is it possible to share a sample of data? It would be much easier to recommend something based on seeing what you have

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the 8 tables you have with around 5 columns, I believe FieldNB is the common field and this is what you want to use as a lookup column to connect all the 8 tables? Are there any other common columns? (eg: 'Responsible')

I am sure you must have tried using a prefix for join (eg: outer, left) to get all possible records in the result set ( in case you want to refer qv help:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ScriptPrefixes/Outer.h...

(It may be a possibility that you have do cascading joins (joining first 2 set of tables and using that derived table to join with the 3rd and so on...)

Do send a screen of the tables with columns to understand the relationship better here.

icaro_povoa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear both,

Trying to explain it better.

I have the 7 tables that are my official control of the information ( 1 per crop and country). In parallel I am trying to implement a software that will substitute the excel files, but for doing that I need to validate, witch of the FieldNb are in the system and witch aren´t.

The filters I need to have are basically, Crop, Country, Region, and Responsible for the field, because I need to provide a detailed information for the managers who will push individually the Responsibles for imputing the information on the software.

The problem is the the responsible names( Supervisor) , are only displayed on the 7 Files that are in Excel, but are not in the software. What I need is to "look" the FieldNb that are in the Excel, and check if they are in the software. My initial idea was to ' Vlookup" on the Excel, the responsable names for the FieldNb already created on the software, so when I filter the Responsible name, I will get the Total NB of Fields in my Oficial source (Excel)  x Nb of Fields in the software.

Using the Join, I could only " copy " the information from the Excel into the Software scrip, but this " removed" the fields that are not in both scripts.

Unfortunately I cannot send the database, but this is the script...

LOAD

'Brazil'as Country,

Season as ProductionCycle,

Field as PlotName1,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Corn' as Crop,

Status

FROM Source 1

LOAD 

'Argentina' as Country,

Field as PlotName1,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Corn' as Crop,

Status 

FROM Source 2

Load

'Brazil'as Country,

[Production Season] as ProductionCycle,

Field as PlotName2,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Corn' as Crop,

Status  

FROM Source 3

LOAD 

Country,

Field as PlotName1,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Corn' as Crop,

Status 

FROM Source 4

LOAD

'Argentina' as Country,

Field as PlotName1,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Sunflower' as Crop,

Status

FROM Source 5

LOAD 

'Argentina' as Country,

[Production Season] as ProductionCycle,

Field as PlotName2,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Corn' as Crop,

Status 

FROM Source 6

LOAD

'Argentina' as Country,

Field as PlotName2,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Sunflower' as Crop,

Status

FROM Source 7

LOAD

PlotName,

FieldName,

ProductionCycle,

Crop,

Country,

Grower,

ProductName,

SurfaceOfficial,

Hectare,

ProductionInstruction,

Operation_Phase,

Start_Date,

End_Date,

Status,

Operation_Name,

Target_Parent,

Commentaires,

Week,

FROM Software.

icaro_povoa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear All,

This is what I need.

In the graphic below, I have all my filters except the Responsible Name ( Supervisor). Notice that I have in blue the column of NbFields on my Software, in Red the Source 1 and in Green the Source 3.

Capture.PNG

Now, when I add the Responsible name on the filter, I only see the information from where the Responsible is. In this case the Source 1.

Capture1.PNG

But I am sure that Ronald have Fields that were created in the Software as well.So in this case the blue column should be =<7, once 7 is the real information and by that is also the maximum. But as the software script does not have a column with the Responsible Name, when I applied the filter, Qlik understand that the column is in blanc.

Can you help me to develop this script?

Thanks

icaro_povoa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear Sunny

This is what I need.

In the graphic below, I have all my filters except the Responsible Name ( Supervisor). Notice that I have in blue the column of NbFields on my Software, in Red the Source 1 and in Green the Source 3.

Capture.PNG

Now, when I add the Responsible name on the filter, I only see the information from where the Responsible is. In this case the Source 1.

Capture1.PNG

But I am sure that Ronald have Fields that were created in the Software as well.So in this case the blue column should be =<7, once 7 is the real information and by that is also the maximum. But as the software script does not have a column with the Responsible Name, when I applied the filter, Qlik understand that the column is in blanc.

The problem is the the responsible names( Supervisor) , are only displayed on the 7 Files that are in Excel, but are not in the software. What I need is to "look" the FieldNb that are in the Excel, and check if they are in the software. My initial idea was to ' Vlookup" on the Excel, the responsable names for the FieldNb already created on the software, so when I filter the Responsible name, I will get the Total NB of Fields in my Oficial source (Excel)  x Nb of Fields in the software.

Using the Join, I could only " copy " the information from the Excel into the Software scrip, but this " removed" the fields that are not in both scripts.

Unfortunately I cannot send the database, but this is the script...

LOAD

'Brazil'as Country,

Field as PlotName1,

[Field Manager],

Supervisor,

'Corn' as Crop,

Status

FROM Source 1

LOAD

'Argentina' as Country,