Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to register the qlikview license on runtime

Hi All,

How to register for the qlikview license on run time so that when I want to deploy in the end user system where there is no license installed it will not ask for the user to enter the license.

I tried with these three methods but it failed.According to the qlikview team I need to call SetRegEx() before calling any other QlikOCX1 function.

Hope my question is understandable and some one will be there to help me out.

Private Sub SetRegEx()
QlikOCX1.SetRegistration "1234 5678 9123 4567", "12345"
End Sub
Private Sub Command1_Click()
QlikOCX1.OpenDocument App.Path + "\OCX.qvw", "", ""
End Sub
Private Sub Command2_Click()
QlikOCX1.ActiveDocument.Reload
End Sub

Private Sub SetRegEx()
End Sub
Call SetRegEx
End Sub
End Sub

Private Sub SetRegEx()
End Sub
End Sub
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Load()
Call SetRegEx
End Sub

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shumail,

There is not third party tool I am using. I am just taking about the third party application(Desktop) for example.

There is no need to input the license every time. You need to input the license only once at the time of compiling the desktop application. Once that is done you can open the qlikview document which is integrated with the desktop application anywhere. You don't need to input the license anymore where ever you are opening. Only thing which need to be done is to register the OCX dll using windows registration. Then only you will be able to open the document inside the desktop application.

No! Application is not there in the qlikview server or development.

Application is there in the installation folder. Using program I am calling this document which will get opened inside the desktop application.

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry I have no idea on registering it automatically at client level. I found some thing for u, interesting part I couldnt open the attachement but this seems helpfull for u regarding above.. Tongue Tied

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/32113.aspx

Shumail

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

Hi handsome guy

I have a server license key and publisher license key but I have no idea what QOCXE license is . Could you please tell me how can i get one ?