Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to resolve this

I am facing a strange issue. Loading an excel file in the app. I have monthstart field in excel value-10/1/2016;  have second FieldB. I have a straight table using Monthstart as dimension and FieldB as expression. The straight table is empty. Both fields are coming in list boxes but straight table is blank unless I select a value from listbox. Anyone gone through this?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

19 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How fieldb  values are looking

Try =only(fieldb)  and uncheck the radio button with no totals

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

What is your expression? Would you be able to share a sample or screenshots of your expression and dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached pls find the excel and qvw. I want to create stacked bar chart where Type is dim. For each Type, Mobile, Store etc, I need Sales and Return stacked. I need this for July and August. so there will be total 6 bars (2 for ea month). Each bar will have 2 metrics stacked inside. I tried creating one but not coming through. Thanks in advance.

sunny_talwar

You need this?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny Thanks for the quick reply. I m actually pointing the qvw to Nprinting. The way it workd in Nprinting is that the table has to have one dim and (n) expns. your chart has 3 dim (Type, Month, Transaction Type) and one expn. When I embed the qvw table in Nprinting to output a report, it does not work. I was thinking of ways where I can have a straight table with 1 dim but multiple expns so that it can pass thru Nprinting. I will post more.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

btw how did you get the field TransactionType in the script?

sunny_talwar

‌CrossTable load  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was trying to understand the logic behind CrossTable(TransactionType, Value, 2)

Are we putting Value and 2 because there are 2 expressions (Sales and Return)..?

sunny_talwar

2 because we don't want the first two columns to be not transposed

tab:

CrossTable(TransactionType, Value, 2)

LOAD Month,

Type,

Sales,

Return

FROM sample.xlsx (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);