Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to select date range values in Qlikview

Hi all,

I want to select values in a date range

like all the values which are greater than 2009-08-15 and less than 2009-09-31?

i have taken two calender objects one for to select start date and onther for to select end date

now i want all the values between these given two dates should be selected.

Please suggest ............

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

thanks blaise, that has helped a lot.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Here's a version 9 macroless (uses Actions) solution that uses Input Boxes. It validates the input to ensure format and in the correct range.

I have a version 8 version that uses macros if you are on V8. (Search the Forum for EnerDateFromTo.qvw)

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rob, your solution here is excellent.

QlikView gave me something similar but it was way more primitive and unfinished and used macros.

I have implemented your solution on one of our documents and it works a treat. Will be rolling it out to our other documents, I'll give you a credit in the code.

Thanks Yes

rfarrenkopf
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Rob,

I am unable to find you V8 version (EnerDateFromTo.qvw) by searching the forum. Could you point me to the correct location?

Thank you.

Bob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

rfarrenkopf wrote:unable to find you V8 version (EnerDateFromTo.qvw) by searching the forum. Could you point me to the correct location?

You'll find the version 8 sample in this thread:
http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/17555/93336.aspx

BTW, a better way to search the Forum is Google with a site: filter. I went to Google and entered the search argument:

EnterDateFromTo.qvw site:qlik.com

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob - your methodology has been invaluable!

Not applicable
Author

Rob,

I implemented the input boxes and triggers on my application following the code that you had in your solution but I have a problem. Is there a way to clear the input boxes using the clear button that is in the QlikView toolbar? When I click Clear, it clears everything except the input boxes and the date list associated with them.

Thanks,

Ken

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ken wrote: Is there a way to clear the input boxes using the clear button that is in the QlikView toolbar?

You could remove the OnChange action from the Date field if you want Clear to "Stick". To clear the input fields, you would need a some hidden field you could detect clear (OnChange) on and set the variable values.

-Rob