Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

How to show results where you have stock, but no demand by week

Hello All,

This might sound like a strange one, what I am trying to achieve is an application that allows the user to select a range of weeks (could be an input box, but preferably a range) where they say "Show me products that have stock, but no demand within these weeks".

I have a date field based on the demand date, qty of the demand and qty in stock.. But I don't know how to achieve this one. Any one have any ideas??

Many thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Dayna

8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It can be achieved with set analysis.

Can you please provide the qvw file with data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Hi,

Create a calculated dimension as:

If(Sales = 0 and Stock > 0, 'X', Null())

Then flag the chart to only display non-null values.

Regards,

Jonathan

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Both, please find attached my current application. The stock fields are identified by SMS_F_ld_qty_oh - whereas the demand is SMS_F_Part, SMS_F_Qty and SMS_F_Date. I tried the calculated dimension, but I couldn't get any results. I had already created a list box using the class() function to but them into weekly brackets - but just can't make that final leap! Many thanks for you help. Kind Regards, Dayna

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I couldnt able to open your file, but i have created a dummy records and here by uploading the example.

Please have a look at the attchment.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Hi,

Try this as caluclated dimension:

=If((SMS_F_Qty = 0 or IsNull(SMS_F_Qty) = -1) And SMS_F_ld_qty_oh > 0, 'X', Null())

Regards,

Jonathan

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello, I've implemented the calculated dimension, it's not bringing back the results I would expect - so I might need to wrap it around a sum(), however - how could I incorporate the week ranges into it?

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Kaushik Solanki, I've had a look at the application - but I'm slightly confused what the set analysis is showing - could you explain it for me? Many thanks, Dayna

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you look at the tablebox its a raw data.

Now as you can see in the table that there are few products which have 0 supply( According to your condition)

Now i want only those products which have 0 supply.

So that is what  the chart shows.

So if i relate this example with your schenario, i will say.

You wanted the products which have stock but no demand, with in a time period or say on a specific date.

So in my example the supply represents the demand.

Hope this will clear the point.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki