Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to solve the issue

Hi,

Can anyone let me know please how can I calculate Issues by Value

As I tried but I am not sure whether i picked the right one or not

Please find attached.

Thanks.

12 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is it not just a matter of sorting the table you have created?

Issues by value.png

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and sorry I am not clear. You mean that what I did is correct?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Depends on what you mean by "Issues by Value". If it is the same as what I posted in my previous answer, then, yes, it is correct. It just needed to be sorted by the Count(Value).

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and I mean that. But what is the problem is it is showing values incorrect when I compared with values which are in acccess database. Please can you let me know do i need to change anything in this .

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I don't know what your DB shows or why. But it seems to me that your data is "dirty":

Issues by value2.png

You want to display Count(Value), but as you can see the field "Value" is sometimes blank, sometimes has a number and sometimes has the string "confirmed". QlikView counts all. Is that what you want - or do you just want to count the 1381 confirmed ones?

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and I need to count all values including string but  without blanks. Is it possible to show that?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Besides, the "Issue data" is not clean either.  There are identical values with different capitalization, for example "Monthly Contribution Arrears", ''Monthly contribution arrears", "monthly contribution arrears".

Not applicable
Author

Yes you are right I set that with script. But my problem is I am not able to get the exact values. will it not be possible if I don't have data is not clean in database?

Actually I got confused whether do I need to tale Count(ID) or Count(TOPID) or Count(Value).

Could you please let me know this whihc expression I need to consider?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With the "Issue" it is possible.  Use

capitalize(Issue) as Issue

in the script.  So, in the example above they all will be "Monthly Contribution Arrears".