Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

How to use set analysis while calling a variable

Hi,

In my Pivot table I am using one calculated dimension and an expression as below:

=Num($(vScore-1) + $(vScore-2), '##.0')        <-- My current selections in list box for Month='Feb'

and I am getting the correct results.

Now, I want to add one more expression where it gets data for the month='Jan' like below

=Num({ 1 <Month={'Jan'}>} $(vScore-1)+$(vScore-2), '##.0')     <-- This expression is not working and I am getting 0

How can I re wite the above expression ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry, I missed out some rather important code. 

The AGGR statement allows you to calculate values for each of the dimensions you specify in the paramters and then do a further aggregation (and set analysis) over them.  This is why Month was added and the correct answer was returned.

You also need to add all of the other dimensions that you have in your table to the parameter list, e.g.

=Num(sum({1<Month={'Jan'}>} aggr($(vScore-1)+$(vScore-2), Month,Field1,Field2), '##.0')

I suspect you will need to add $(=vHchy_Select_Dim) as one of the fields.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

may be try this

=Num({ 1 <Month={'Jan'}>} '$(vScore-1)'+'$(vScore-2)', '##.0')

=Num({ 1 <Month={'Jan'}>} "=$(vScore-1)"+"=$(vScore-2)", '##.0')

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Try

=Num(Only({ 1<Month={'Jan'}>} $(vScore-1)+$(vScore-2)), '##.0')

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Not getting any values..

Thanks

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What is vScore definition?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try this

=Num({ 1 <$(vScore-1)+$(vScore-2),Month={'Jan'}>} , '##.0')

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Manish,

The vScore-1 definition is as below: ( I created them in the variable window)

Score-1 <--- Variable

If($(vHI) >= Ta_In_Hu,10,Num(($(vHI) - Min_HI)/(Ta_In_Hu - Min_HI) * 20,'##'))  <--- Expression

vHI <--- variable

Num(Sum({<[HI]={'Y'}>} _SS_Count)/Sum({<[HI]={'Y'},[D-LS-MA]=>} Total<$(=vHchy_Select_Dim)> _SS_Count),'###%')   <--- Expression

While the vScore-1 variable is evaluating the value it also looks into the variable "vHI" as mentioned above. Hope this helps..

Thanks

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You need to use along side

[HI]={'Y'}

But again question is what is vHchy_Select_Dim?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

vHchy_Select_Dim is variable defined as below:

vHchy_Select_Dim <--- Variable

=('['&_Work_Dims&']')   <--- Expression ( This is getting the data from an data island table as show below)

LOAD * INLINE [
    _Work_Dims
     Level A View
     Level 1
     Level 2
     Level 3
     Level 4
     Cc_Level 1
     Cc_Level 2
     Cc_Level 3
     Cc_Level 4
     Cc_Level 5

];

With the existing expressions if I select a month in the list box then every month shows the correct values. I want to show those months in one pivot like Jan, Feb Mar etc. ( That is the reason I want to pass the month in the Set

analysis)

Thanks

];

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The issue is that the set analysis needs to go inside the aggregations, and the num function is not an aggregation.

You will need to insert the set analysis into both of the variables (which I presume do have aggregation functions in them).

If you really don't want to do that then this should work, but won't be as efficient as it could be:

=Num(sum({1<Month={'Jan'}>} aggr($(vScore-1)+$(vScore-2), Month), '##.0')