Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I am not able to lease the license in qlikview 11.2 SR6

I am not able to lease the license in qlikview 11.2 SR6  through Open in server as like Qlikview 11.

Please let me the procedure to lease the license in qlikview 11.2 SR6.

Regards,

Kabilan K.

20 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See also this discussion for details about what is and what isn't possible in a QlikView environment with a Test Server: Lease a license - test environment

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView allows licenses to be leased to a maximum of two (2) Machine IDs for the same user. Once the leases have been given out, they are locked for at least 24 hrs. Meaning that they will not be freed except after 24hrs of inactivity.

Check QMC->System->Licenses->QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses (CALs)->History for an overview of where your leases have gone to and when they were last used.

sfr_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

I get exactly the same issue updated desktop and server to 11.2 RS6 followed all tech docs/videos/posts and did what worked previously in 11.2 but desktop will not accept license despite the server showing that the license is leased to my user on the machine?

Also noted if using the new Start/Splash page (grey additional learning)  'open in server' link after connecting to a server then expanding a folder the window just closes ?? Open in server from the file menu still works.

UPDATE:

ini file has an error:

LeasedLicenseExpiry=

LeasedLicenseCheck=Failed to Read. Error code = 0x80041010

LeasedLicenseServer=

Not applicable
Author

In the same net work u can't lease the license from the Production license with same user name and pwd.

and we are not able to lease the license from the test server license.

So that qlikview gives the development license, please use that it is is test server.

Regards,

Kabilan K.

sfr_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Downgraded to desktop 11.2 SR5 and license lease working fine, awaiting a support ticket outcome for 11.2 SR6

john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

we experienced the same problem:

LeasedLicenseCheck=Failed to Connect. Error code = 0x8004100E

Client-Downgrade to SR5 helped as a quick-fix. (Thanks to SFR_Qlik!)

When reporting the incident,

Qlik Support told us they had no knowledge of other tickets for this problem , and could not reproduce the problem.

Qlik Support suspected a server-upgrade might have damaged some xml-files on the server, and recommended a clean server-QV-installation.

Does anyone else have more information?

sfr_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same problem with 11.2 SR7 so again downgraded to 11.2 SR5 working fine, still awaiting response from support call.

sfr_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

My issue was with windows WMI the error "0x80041010" was relating to the lease license process calling a corrupt WMI api there must have been a change since SR5 and now calling a different API so highlighted this issue with my machine. QlikTech call picked up on this and now resolved.

john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks for the update!
Can we assume Qlik will integrate this fix into SR8 or SR9?

How exactly did they "resolve" it on your machine?

sfr_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

The error "0x80041010" was with a single desktop machine other machine's with SR7 installed cleanly were fine. There was no issue with the QlikView software it was the machine's WMI (Windows 7) that was corrupt, the fix was a standard Microsoft Windows fix.