Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

I have an issue with YTD and especially YTD-1

Hi folks,

So as It's mentionned, I'm having some problems when dealing with the YTD-1,

my data is only between the years 2014 and 2015, so if I choose a date in 2014, the YTD-1 column has to show 0 as content, but it's not.

Here are my 2 expressions for YTD and YTD-1:

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, [Date Ventes]= , DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}>} [Chiffre d'affaires])

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, [Date Ventes]= , DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum)-1)))<=$(=Max(DateNum)-1)"}>} [Chiffre d'affaires])

dateNum is created as so : Floor([Date Ventes]) AS DateNum,

What should I change?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem
Author

I have fixed the issue.

In fact, I had a problem with the date format, I've changed it as so :

date([Date Ventes],'DD/MM/YYYY') as [Date Ventes]

as expressions, here the 2 I've used:

YTD:

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, [Date Ventes]= , DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}>} [Chiffre d'affaires])

YTD-1

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, [Date Ventes]=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum), -1)))<=$(=Num(addyears(max([Date Ventes]),-1)))"}>}[Chiffre d'affaires])

And all went good

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Omar,

in your formula, your lower bound is calculated as the first day of the current year - 1 day (I think you were shooting for - 1 year, right?) So, here is a similar formula that seems to work correctly for me:

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, Date= , NumDate={">=$(=Num(Addmonths(YearStart(Max(NumDate)), -12)))<=$(=num(YearStart(Max(NumDate))-1))"}>} Value)

You need to adjust the field names to yours...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

OmarBenSalem
Author

Hi Oleg and thanks for the reply, I appreciate it,

I've tried to do as you said but now the column of the YTD-1 only shows 0 as a result:

1.PNG

YTD:

YTD-1 :

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, [Date Ventes]= , DateNum={">=$(=Num(Addmonths(YearStart(Max(NumDate)), -12)))<=$(=num(YearStart(Max(NumDate))-1))"}>} [Chiffre d'affaires])

I really am confused !

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Omar,

if you clear the labels on your expressions, you will be able to see the actual dates (numbers) that the expression is trying to use as the min and the max - perhaps you will be able to find the problem there.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

OmarBenSalem
Author

I have fixed the issue.

In fact, I had a problem with the date format, I've changed it as so :

date([Date Ventes],'DD/MM/YYYY') as [Date Ventes]

as expressions, here the 2 I've used:

YTD:

YTD-1

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, [Date Ventes]=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum), -1)))<=$(=Num(addyears(max([Date Ventes]),-1)))"}>}[Chiffre d'affaires])

And all went good