Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IF Statement in Qlikview

Hey There,

I have an issue with my IF statement.

it is a dual if, where im asking it to verfy the period, and then do a calculation.

If I run each of the IF statements on their own, I get results, but when combining them, I get a - result

Please can you assist with the syntax.

if(Period < 201302,

if(ABC='ABC1' and [Flag]='X' [No of Boxes] * 15,

if(Period>= 201302,

if(ABC='ABC1' and [Flag]='X' [No of Boxes] * 20))),0)*1.14

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Juliette,

Can you try the below query please :

if(Period < 201302,

if((NCS='NCSNP'or NCS = 'NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300') and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX' ,[No of Rx] * 12,

if((NCS='NCSNP' or NCS='NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300') and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5,

if(Period>= 201302,

if((NCS='NCSNP' or NCS='NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300') and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 20,

if((NCS='NCSNP' or NCS='NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300) and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5)))))*1.14,0)

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Thanks,

Angad

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can you please try the below statement :

if(Period < 201302,

if(ABC='ABC1' and [Flag]='X',[No of Boxes] * 15,

if(Period>= 201302,

if(ABC='ABC1' and [Flag]='X',[No of Boxes] * 20)))*1.14 ,0)

It will return 0, if no condition is matched.

thanks,

angad

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Juliette,

maybe it's just a typo in your post, but I think you are missing commata before [No of boxes] to start your THEN branch in your if-statements:

if(Period < 201302,

if(ABC='ABC1' and [Flag]='X', [No of Boxes] * 15,

if(Period>= 201302,

if(ABC='ABC1' and [Flag]='X', [No of Boxes] * 20))),0)*1.14

Then, you are not defining an ELSE branch for every possible combination of values, so this might lead to a '-' result.

Finally, you are not using an aggregation function, so your expression will only work if you get unambiguous values for ABC, Flag, No of Boxes, Period in the context you are evaluating.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephan,

I was actually putting in an example of the IF statement.

Here is the actual IF statement which is not working.

I have tried everyones examples, and i cannot get it to work.

thank you

if(Period < 201302,

if(NCS='NCSNP' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 12,

if(NCS='NCSNP' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 500' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 12,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 500' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 300' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 12,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 300' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5,

if(Period>= 201302,

if(NCS='NCSNP' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 20,

if(NCS='NCSNP' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 500' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 20,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 500' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 300' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 20,

if(NCS='NCS PHY 300' and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5)))))))))))))*1.14,0)

Not applicable
Author

Are u trying this in a load statement?

If u r doing in load statement, U should get the result, and performance will increase.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Juliette,

Can you try the below query please :

if(Period < 201302,

if((NCS='NCSNP'or NCS = 'NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300') and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX' ,[No of Rx] * 12,

if((NCS='NCSNP' or NCS='NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300') and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5,

if(Period>= 201302,

if((NCS='NCSNP' or NCS='NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300') and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'CHRONIC RX',[No of Rx] * 20,

if((NCS='NCSNP' or NCS='NCS PHY 500' or NCS='NCS PHY 300) and [Waiver Flag]='DSP' and [AcuteChronic Flag] = 'ACUTE RX',[No of Rx]*5)))))*1.14,0)

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

It works!

Thank you Angad!!!

Woohoo 

Not applicable
Author

No, Im not trying in a load statement, as i am using my dimensions which i calculate.

thanks for the info though, i will try it like that later.

thanks for the help y'all

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Juliette,

Can you please mark your question as answered.

Thanks,

Angad