Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Idea required - week between years

Hi all,

I am just trying to think of an idea to capture that "week_between_the_years" that we had this/last year and that we're having again next/this year:

- A part of the week is in Dec. of one year, in week 52

- A part of the week is in Jan. of the following year, in week 1

I just thought I'd share the way I have devised of doing this, maybe someone can come up with a better one.

I have so far devised a way of capturing that case, but I realize that it does only half the job:

- By using year(weekstart(today(), -1)) and week(weekstart(today, -1)), I can determine that the start of that week is not in this year, but in the last and that the nr. of that week is not (2-1), but 52.

<=> However, if I build that into a set_expression, because of the year_selection, it captures only those days which were effectively in the same year and week as the start of the week - so, taking last/this year as an example, it would have captured only Mo and Tue.

=> Easy enough, the remaining days could be captured by using year(weekend(today(), -1)) and week(weekend(today, -1)).

=> That would make the set_expression really complex as you'd have to actually use two different ones and build them into an

IF_construct querying first if weekstart is in a different year than weekend.

=> This is, however, the best I can think of.

If someone has a better idea, please share it.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

0 Replies