Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignoring selections (one specific item selected, still need to show all items from an order)

Hi there,

in a new application we want to report the status of our machine projects.

Usually we have a production line consisting of a main machine and several other machines for material supply.

In our system the orders are stored as shown in the table below:

Report.jpg

In the new report we want to have a list containing all main machines out in the field with some general information as delivery date or operating hours.

By clicking on one of the main machines in this list we want to show some detailed information for this specific project.

Amongst others we want to show all machines that go along with the main machine in this detailed view.

However, having selected the main machine in the first list means that we cannot show all machines of the production line anymore.

Is there a way to show all machines of an order although there has already been selected one specific machine from this order's scope?

Could I use set analysis to ignore the selection of a specific item? Instead I could show all machines filed under the same "Technical Line" as shown in the screenshot above.

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian,

if i understand your needs this example should help.

regards

Darek

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian,

if i understand your needs this example should help.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dariusz,

wow, that's perfect! Exactly what I need

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend,

Christian

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Yes, you can use set analysis.

{<Machine=, [Technical Line]=P([Technical Line])>}

The first one clears the Machine selection, the second one keep only lines corresponding to the Machine selected.