Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In QMC I am seeing one USER CAL assigned but it says two are in use

Hi

In QMC, in the Licenses section, I can see that there is one user which has a USER CAL. When I check the General tab under USER CAL assignment it says that two are in license and two are assigned.

Find the screenshot.

OMC 1.PNG

OMC 2.PNG

I am implementing the web-ticketing process where a token is supplied to a user and access is granted by assigning dynamic USER CALS.

Would anyone know why this is happening?

1 Reply
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Rajesh,

Licensing works differently on an OEM licence, see the attached, which implies that a single user can use up 2 CALS

https://www.qlikcommunity.com/thread/117629

HTH - Andy

OEM Servers

QlikView 11 introduced the OEM Island feature to safeguard OEM intellectual property. OEM Island is designed to protect OEM servers from being used for any other purpose other than the OEM partner’s solution and will only allow the use of qvw files approved by the OEM partner.

OEM server licenses have a PRODUCT_ID entry in the LEF file. Only QlikView documents with a matching embedded PRODUCT_ID can be opened on that server.

QlikView Personal Edition will be able to open any QlikView document with an embedded PRODUCT_ID. QlikView applications that have a PRODUCT_ID can only be opened in user mode. This ensures that users cannot access the documents security settings in the document properties. If the security settings allow the user to edit the script, they will be able to do so, but if the data model changes, the PRODUCT_ID will be flushed, forcing them to submit the file to the OEM partner responsible to approve and reinsert a PRODUCT_ID.

License Leasing is disabled on QlikView Servers licensed with an OEM license as enabling this feature would give full QlikView Desktop development capabilities to OEM end-users, allowing them to share files with other local clients and not be able publish new files with no PRODUCT_ID on their own servers.