Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Include and MustInclude

Hi,

I want to know the Difference between Include and Must Include?

In which scenario It will be useful?

Thanks & Regards

Venu

5 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Never heard any time must include()

Not applicable
Author

Venu,

both are same if the script file exists in the specified path.

If script include file does not exist in the specified path,

Include - reloaded without any data

Must_include - throughs an error while reloading data, says that script file doesnot exist the given path

maxgro
MVP
MVP

difference

extract from qlikview online help

$(Include =filename )

$(Must_Include =filename )

The include and must_include variables specify a file that contains text that should be included in the script. The entire script can thus be put in a file. This is a a user-defined variable.

The difference between include and must_include is that include will fail silently if the file is not found during script reload, while must_include will throw an error if the file is not found.

Examples:

$(Include=abc.txt);

$(Must_Include=def.txt);

I.e. the construction set Include =filename is not applicable.

scenario

I usually use must include as imy nclude files are tipically used for application configuration (color, expression, parameter, mapping, etc.....) or for subroutine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Must_include can be used for files where you have created most of the definitions and Include can be used for further processing or loads. Having said that you have to make sure all scripts are in place at respective paths for including into the QV scripts.

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Venu,

The full definition of $(Include=filename) and $(Must_Include=filename) can be found here help.qlik.com

In short:

• Include does not generate an error if the file cannot be found, it will fail silently.
  • Must_Include generates an error if the file cannot be found.

Sokkorn