Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Incremental Month Count From First Month

I have yet to be able to find a solution to this out there. I am trying to create a pivot table of incremental months starting at the first month. There is a record for each month the Example1 has existed... But, Example2 could start at a different month depending on when it was purchased. I want to, for each Example, have the initial month be 1, but continue to count each month that the Example exists. 

In my Example1, it has existed for 16 months... but Example2 may have existed for 34 months... I am trying to figure out in the script how to create a field and label each month EACH example has existed. This point behind this is to show how much revenue has been brought in each month, not by actual MM/DD/YYYY, but by total months it has existed.

Example.PNG

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@MalcolmCICWF  Assuming that you have example & month field available in data you can try below

LOAD *

AutoNumber(Month,Example) as Number

resident Table

order by Example, Month;

drop table Table;

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@MalcolmCICWF  Assuming that you have example & month field available in data you can try below

LOAD *

AutoNumber(Month,Example) as Number

resident Table

order by Example, Month;

drop table Table;

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That simple huh? Never used that before, let me give it a shot and I'll report back

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It indeed did work perfect for what I needed it for. thank you