Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Insert/Update/Delete SQL Error "ORA-01456" In Qv,How to solve it?

I checked "Open Databases in Read and Write mode", and run the script:

ODBC CONNECT TO [crmlocal;DBQ=CRMLOCAL ] (XUserId is XXXX, XPassword is XXX);

sql delete from tbl_log_etl;

The script got an error:

SQL Error:[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01456: "may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY transaction"
SQL State:S1000
sql delete from tbl_log_etl

Anyone met such problem? How to solve it?

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

you should check the user grants

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Several places to check:

1. inside QliKView script editor - in the "Setiings Tab", check "Open Databases in Read and Write Mode"

2. ODBC Data source - check that it's not read only

3. Database or host computer settings - check that they allow update via ODBC connections (for example AS/400 databases often prohibit that globally)

4. Check user rights - the user should be allowed to update/ delete data.

bernd_schuetze
Contributor II
Contributor II

We had the same issue recently with some packages we call from Qlikview in the Oracle EEDB. The packages did work for a year or two but when we migrated to a new server (New ODBC Driver version, new Qlikview version 12.1.x) the error occurred regularly on some of them.

We fixed the issue with a (admittedly weird) workaround: Basically we issue a commit at the beginning of the procedure. This commit seems to result in a cleanup of stale session parameters that Qlikview (or the ODBC Driver) seems to still have somewhere

PROCEDURE generate_Report(

--Parameters

)

IS

--Variables

BEGIN

COMMIT;

-- real procedure...

Please don't ask me why this works and I hate to give such a comment, but we also didn't figure out why some procedures now get this error and others not.

(And yes, of course we checked the read only settings and the grants)