Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Intervalmatch help needed

Hi,

I need to combine two tables into one to analyze actual demand vs shipped qty but I have not found a good way to do this yet.

Hope somebody could help me with this.

The challenge is that table for actual demand is aggregated by date (timestamp) while shipped qty is aggregated by period with a from - to timestamp.

This shows the intended result:

Demand_ShipptedQty.JPG.jpg

I have attached the qvd file for this simplified example.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

The actual data contains many million rows. Do you recommend this solution in this case, or is there a different method to sum(ActualDemandQty) in the script?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Surely you don't intend to show all the millions of rows in a sheet object at the lowest level of detail?

Not applicable
Author

The table showing the ship qty also contains other information such as forecast for the period.

So what I really want to do is to analyze Forecast vs Actual Demand vs Shipped Qty over different time intervals.

Actual demand I need to get from a different table and this is showing demand per date, not per period.

So I have about 30.000 items and 150 periods per item.

I need to show this data for every item and then I will have to aggregate periods to show e.g. YTD, LY, Quarters etc. and calculate forecast accuracy over the time interval and highlight items with low accuracy.

Ideally (I think..) I would want the sum(actual demand qty) joined into the shipqty table.

Not sure if the explanation helps?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want you can join all the data in the script into one table. Or you can create additional summary tables. But I'd start with giving the users options to make selections so they're not confronted with non-performing sheet objects that try to show 30.000 items over 150 periods at the same time.

Not applicable
Author

I agree.

How would you do it if we were to join all data into one table in the example attached?

Regards,
Freddy

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not that I recommend it but, this should do it:

ActualDemand:

LOAD WarehouseItem,

Date_ActualDemand,

Qty_ActualDemand

FROM [ActualDemand.qvd] (qvd);

Tmp:

LOAD WarehouseItem,

[Shipped Qty],

PeriodFromDate,

PeriodToDate

FROM [ActualDeliveries.qvd] (qvd);

join(ActualDemand)

IntervalMatch(Date_ActualDemand,WarehouseItem)

LOAD PeriodFromDate,PeriodToDate,WarehouseItem

Resident Tmp;

join(ActualDemand)

LOAD * Resident Tmp;

Drop Table Tmp;