Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajumachra
Partner - Contributor III

Is there a way to restrict/disable/clear server bookmarks when user is in a particular tab .

Is there a way to restrict/disable/clear server bookmarks when user is in a particular tab .

For example : Let's say user creates bookmark with Region and State in Geography tab but when user is in summary tab also , the same bookmark can be applied , and it displays that filtered data . Ideally this should not happen as Region and State filters not there in Summary view . Can someone please suggest a way out of this problem 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Are all those fields you want to exclude in one table?

If so, you can exclude a complete table by using Set Analysis. That way, if someone ever adds another field to that table, it will be automatically excluded.

Example script (assuming that one table is called GeoTable):

=Sum({<$(='[' & Concat({<$Table = {'GeoTable'}>}$Field, '],[') & ']')>}Sales)

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If you do not want filters on Region and State to be applied on certain expressions, I would suggest you exclude those by using Set Analysis.

To my knowledge it is not possible to exclude (the effect of) bookmarks in any (other) way.

rajumachra
Author

Thanks for your response Onno ! Basically I don't want to hard code only region and state or for that matter any of the fields that are present in geography tab but are not present in summary tab. I want that whatever selections user makes in the fields of geography tab which are not present in summary tab and saves them as bookmark should not affect my summary tab .

Or it can be framed this way also  :

if User is already in summary tab how not to let user apply a bookmark created in Geography tab (that has Geography tab columns) .

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Are all those fields you want to exclude in one table?

If so, you can exclude a complete table by using Set Analysis. That way, if someone ever adds another field to that table, it will be automatically excluded.

Example script (assuming that one table is called GeoTable):

=Sum({<$(='[' & Concat({<$Table = {'GeoTable'}>}$Field, '],[') & ']')>}Sales)

rajumachra
Author

Fields are coming from different tables , but we can add more tables in this expression right ?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Yup, you can .

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I noticed you like my replies, however:

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

rajumachra
Author

Thanks Onno ! i have incorporated above express with our already present set analysis exp having time component . Do you think above changes will have any side effects on our present reporting ?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

It might have a performance impact.

Very hard to estimate as there are many factors involved (your data structure, the amount of data, the amount of times you are using Set Analysis on just that sheet; just to name the first that pop to mind).

There are alternatives that might fit your need:

- Pre-calculate that summery data into a different table and only reference that table on this sheet

- Use Alternative States and combine that with some Set Analysis, but that is a complete different story and hard to say if that fits your scenario (for a part based on those same factors that impact performance).

rajumachra
Author

Thanks Onno for your help ! I am grateful .

While Implementing your set analysis i am facing issue with a chart where i am using aggr fun in the dimension for getting last ten days . In this particular Line chart , expression values are changing w.r.t to selection in region (which should have be independent). Is there any specific reason for this ?