Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way verify that a QlikView document has no data without opening the document?

We are using subversion to store the -prj folder.  Unfortunately some of the settings are not currently written out to the -prj folder.  As much as it pains me to say it, we need to store the binary file (.qvw) to make sure we do not lose any settings.

Is there are way to verify that a particular document contains no data?

James

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I did some more digging and found that the DocProperties.xml file has a <IsPurged/> tag... will report back if this is useful...

James

Not applicable
Author

I know that the contents of document variables are not stored in the -prj folder. Are there other settings that you consider critical that are not being stored?

Not applicable
Author

Tim,

The association between triggers and document variables is the critical factor for my team.  I have not taken the time to compare two .qvw documents to see what other differences appear between the original and the newly built document.  That would be a useful exercise.

A secondary issue is the inability of the publisher to rebuild the .qvw document based on the -prj folder.

We are using a combination of packages that will allow a developer to created a .qvw document, request a review of the document, build the document on the test server, and request a review to publish the approved document to the production server. At this time is appears that only qv.exe (the desktop) can rebuild the .qvw document from the -prj folder.  With the publisher we are able to issue an EDX call to start a task that reloads the data.  But it does not rebuild the document based on the -prj folder.

FYI - the tools are QlikView, Subversion (CollabNet), Code Collaborator, and Jenkins.

James