Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there any problem with this, plz help?

Hi Qlik Guys:

I have a Single Table Chart, I use a calculated dimension with three fields, but when i do a selection i cant go back clicking again in the selected row, Does anybody know why???, this is the case:

This is my calculated dimension:

error loading image

And this is my simple table chart:

error loading image

If you click on the column CONCEP:

error loading image

Normally when you click again in selected row it turns back to normal, but when i click on this table it doesnt turn back, any ideas???

Regards,

Orlando

4 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Orlando,

I was able to replicate your issue with another calculated dimension. So, the problem is that you're using a calculated dimension which I try not to use unless it is absolutely necessary because you'll also notice that the dropdown select feature doesn't work and sometimes sorting can be a issue with calculated dimensions. In your case I would concantenate the fields in the script even if it means having to map or join data and then use the new field as a regular dimension.

Pover

Not applicable
Author

Maybe i can use the concat in the script, and i think that it is no need of map or join because the three ´fields are in the same table, but can you give a little example of the using of concat plz?

Regards

orlando

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I've certainly run across this problem myself. Concatenating the data in your script sounds like the right solution. To concatenate in your script will look almost exactly like your calculated dimension. When you're loading the table, add this field to the load:

Cuenta & '-' & Subcuenta & ' ' & chr(13) & Desc_CostosGral as "My Concatenated Field",

Then just use that in your chart. With a real field like that, QlikView then seems to have a much better understanding of what that field is, and how it relates to other fields. It should then behave properly when you click on it in a chart.

Not applicable
Author

As always John, Thank you very much for the answer, and as always too it is the solution of the problem, be well

Regards,

Orlando