Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Excel

Hi,

I am using excel as the datasource. In excel one column is Date format (choosen the date format as attached in the word doc ).

if the date is 3/4/2011 then Qlikview reads the date as 40636.000000 but if the date is 13/4/2011 then Qlikview reads the date as 13/4/2011.

I am using QlikView 9.00 and the Excel 2003 . Please suggest how to go with this issue.Please suggest

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Do the reading using two interpretation functions:

Excel:LOAD Date(Num(ColumnB)) AS DateField,...

Hope that helps.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi XXX,

QV is generally very good at interpreting the dates, because it stores the dates in to integers/decimal points. If QV don't understand the date format then it converts them to string. So have you tried using the DATE Function in the Load script or you can clean up the dates in excel before loading the script.

Cheers!

sushil353
Master II
Master II

hi,

Check out your date format it would be mm/dd/yyyy. since in first case the date is 3/4/2001 which is the valid date hence qlikview converts the date in the decimal format. but in the second case the date is 13/4/2011 in this as month is 13th which is not valid hence the qlikview taking it as a string..

HTH..

Thanks..

Not applicable
Author

Yes

i have tried the date function. But it works in Quite opposite way except the first column what it was showing in number is getting intrepted correctly in Qlikview and rest of the dates are not read in to Qlikview.

It is not working , I want to know whether this is issue with excel or QlikView. What should be format in Excel for the date column is there any restrictions.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

date format in excel is mm/dd/yyyy it should be same with qlikview as well

Not applicable
Author

i Found the issue . It is issue with the Excel.