Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Set Analysis

Hi,

The set analysis expression below will not render results for me in my chart. Does anyone see an issue with my syntax? I want to limit the calculation to the current selections based on Test only containing the values of Test1 and Test2. Thanks for the help!

Sum ({$,<[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Damage])/ Sum ({$, <[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Total E])

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Do I see a comma after $?

Sum ({$,<[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Damage])/ Sum ({$, <[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Total E])

Try this:

Sum ({$<[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Damage])/ Sum ({$<[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Total E])

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do I see a comma after $?

Try this:

Sum ({$<[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Damage])/ Sum ({$<[Test] = {"Test1", "Test2"}>}[Total E])

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Remove the comma's after the dollar signs.

You can even completely remove the dollar symbols, but leaving them in will not hurt.

Maybe a personal preference, but I would use single quotes not double quotes, but this is also not a show stopper. If your value's Test1 and Test2 however contain a double quote, this can also be the cause of a problem.

May you live in interesting times!
sunny_talwar

Somebody recently pointed out to me that single quotes is a bug and is going to go away in the future versions of the application. Not sure if its true for a single value or expression, but may be we can all get into a habit of using double quotes (I am also used to use single quotes, but changing that habit now)

Source: A Primer on Set Analysis

Sum( {$<Date={"…"}>} Sales)

Do not use single quotes to initiate a search here! Single quotes should denote literals, i.e. explicit field values. (Yes, today single quotes work as a search, but this is a bug that one day will be fixed…)

Best,

Sunny