Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Sort on Cyclic dimensions

Facing issue with cyclic dimension and sorting at group level and chart level. I have 10 different dimensions in my cyclic group. On the chart, most of them needs to be sorted on the Y Value. But few of them are buckets kind of dimension that needs to be in a particular order (like chronological).

To cater this, I have included specific sort orders inside the cyclic group for those dimensions that needs to be in a particular order. But for the remainining, I have put a chart level sort by Y value selected for that particular cyclic group.

I have un checked Override Group Sort Order check box. To my understanding, by un checking this box, it should imply that if a group sort order is specified, use that if not, use the one specified at chart level (which in this scenario is Y value).

But it seems that even if the Override Group Sort Order check box is not un checked, the sort defined at chart level is over riding all the sorts specified inside the cyclic group.

Has anyone seen this before? or faced a similar kind of issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

GauravC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The check box works as a simple "yes/no" question - you either use default group sorting, or you override it. There is no "mixed" sorting there.

If you really need to be specific about your sorting, perhaps you could construct your sorting expression with the condition, questioning what field is actually used out of the cyclic group:

if(GetCurrentField(myGroup) = Customer, ...)

cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The check box works as a simple "yes/no" question - you either use default group sorting, or you override it. There is no "mixed" sorting there.

If you really need to be specific about your sorting, perhaps you could construct your sorting expression with the condition, questioning what field is actually used out of the cyclic group:

if(GetCurrentField(myGroup) = Customer, ...)

cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for a quick response. My understanding was wrong. I will explore other options.

Thanks,

Gaurav C