Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with sheet wise access! Very urgent!

Hi All,

With the attached script I am able to filter the data according to the user/admin user. But when I am trying to give the sheet wise access the sheet gets invisible as soon as i wrote "Sum(SH01)>=1" in the sheet condition. May i know what may be the cause for this.Why it is happening like that?

//Script for sheet wise access which was not yet written in the edit script but before writing this sheet got invisible Sum(SH01)>=1 in the sheet condition.
Sheet_Mapping:
LOAD * INLINE
[
ACCESS, SH01, SH02
USER, 1, 0
ADMIN, 1, 1
];

Hope some one can help me out!

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

I had a glance at the script you uploaded , cause the method you use and the sheet_mapping both seem correct.

To get it to work, you'll have to write the code of your Sheet_Mapping table in the Application Section, NOT in the Access Section.

The sheets disappear when you type the sheet display conditions because the SH01 dimension is not "visible" from whithin the application when the sheet_mapping is not declared in the Application Section.

Hilaire

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hilaire!

I did not get your point. Sorry! can you please do the required changes in the script which i have attached. Will be thankful to you.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Rikab,

I have copied the Sheet_Mapping definition (your code above) in a QlikView application of mine, and tried to make some sheets visible or not depending on user profile (USER/ADMIN), with a condition "Sum(SH01)>=1" or "Max(SH01)=1" .... it worked perfectly !

The only way I could reproduce the "sheet gets invisible" thing is when I placed the Sheet_Mapping definition in the "Section Access", so I assumed that maybe you had done the same.

Your script has an implicit "Section Application" starting from line 1 to line 59, then an explicit "Section Access" lines 60-92, then an explicit "Section Application" starting at line 93.

My first post was just to check that you had put the Sheet_Mapping definition in an Application Section, because tables declared in the Access Section are not visible from whithin the application, which would make the "Sum(SH01)>=1" impossible to evaluate.

If I made a wrong assumption, maybe we'll have to dig a little deeper. Would you mind uploading the full script that does not work ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hilaire!

Thanks for your reply. As requested I have attached the script which i have used in my document. Please check and let me know where I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab