Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Javascript Error In QlikView Desktop WebView

I have QlikView 11 v11.00.11149.0 IR installed on my Windows 8 machine. When I change to WebView and try to add a sheet object, I get a Javascript error. It reads "Unable to get property 'getAttribute' of undefined or null refernece", URL: http://qlikview/QvAjaxZfc/QvAjax.js.

Does anyone know why and how to resolve it?

27 Replies
Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I have 11.20 SR3. The problem is not fixed in this version. Seems that I have to learn to live without the web view and all extensions. . I get the error even when I start a new document with no objects and switch to web view. Running Windows 7.

Email: christian.lauritzen@b3.se
Not applicable
Author

Which version of IE do you have Christian? I'm guessing IE11? If so you need to install the 11.20 SR5 and then the problem should be gone..

Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Thanks. Tried to find the 11.20 SR5, but I did not manage. I found IE as an update of windows in the control panel, but no specific IE updates. Where could I look? I normally use Chrome. It worked fine until about a week ago, then it stopped.

Thanks

Christian

Email: christian.lauritzen@b3.se
Not applicable
Author

Normally the SR5 can be found on the download page on www.qlik.com . the IE update can be found under 'programs and features' and ' windows updates' ( or something like that ) but are you using the desktop client? Or getting the app from a server? ( so going to it with your browser )

Not applicable
Author

this might have been correctly answered in a different blog:

Impossible to switch to web view: browser does not support XmlDocument objects.

jpitamer
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi all,

I've got the same error here. I have installed the v11.2 SR5 and upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 too but the error still continues. I tried to the compatibility mode with IE but nothing changed. Anyone knows other clues?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

james_wynn
Contributor
Contributor

Herman,

This happened to me.

You have an .xml file that is invalid/corrupted. I hand typed a file and it had a typo.
Temporarily discard your most recent extension objects; add them back in one at a time, and you will find out which one has a bad .xml file.

Jim

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

I had the same error and did not see a certified answer in the list.

I think the way to correct it is to check all the script.js to see if there isn't an error in the file path.

If the extensions is in a subfolder of Extensions, it will be available but maybe a path in the script may be different and it will create this error.

In my case I had download an extension from github and kept the -master at the end of the folder. But in the script.js there was a path without the -master