Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcservicios
Contributor
Contributor

Last prices before date

Hello, I need help for a sales report.

This report is an example to explain my problem.

I have some products that are sold and others that are bought. They are not the same product. For example when I buy beer, I buy a barrel, but when I sell beer, I sell a jug. They are different product codes. I have a table to relate both products.

The report gives me the sales between the 2 selection dates, and what I need to find the price at which a product was purchased before the selected dates.

In the example, in May I sold 7 beer jar, but the last barrel of beer I bought in March and I need to get that price. I managed to get the date of the last purchase, but I can't get the price. In the example the price should be 45. And if I choose february the price should be 40.

Any help will be appreciated

10 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi @pcservicios 

Try like below

=Aggr(if (DatePurchases=Date(max(Total<CodSaleProduct>if(DatePurchases<=Date($(vDateStart), 'DD/MM/YYYY') ,DatePurchases))), PricePurchases), DatePurchases, CodSaleProduct)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
pcservicios
Contributor
Contributor
Author

A lot of thanks Mayil.  the formula works well, but if I have 2 or more purchases of an item on the same day it no longer works. In this case I need average price.

I upload a new version with this case. 

Thanks for your help

MayilVahanan

Hi @pcservicios 

If you want avg the price, try like below

=Avg(Aggr(if (DatePurchases=Date(max(Total<CodSaleProduct>if(DatePurchases<=Date($(vDateStart), 'DD/MM/YYYY') ,DatePurchases))), PricePurchases), DatePurchases, CodSaleProduct))

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
pcservicios
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi MayiVahanan.

Thank again, but the problem isn't calculate avg price. I think version 2 of the report was not uploaded. The problem is when there are 2 or more purchases on the same day and the same product.

In test v2.qvw I added to purchase table this data:

01/03/20,30,1,43

MayilVahanan

Hi @pcservicios 

=Aggr(if (DatePurchases=Date(max(Total<CodSaleProduct>if(DatePurchases<=Date($(vDateStart), 'DD/MM/YYYY') ,DatePurchases))), Sum(PricePurchases)), DatePurchases, CodSaleProduct)

Instead of sum(), based on ur requirement, you can change the exp

pcservicios
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi again,  sorry for the inconvenience.

Have you tried the formula in the test v2.qvw report?

I understand that with sum it should give 88 and with avg it should give 44, but after chage the formula, but is not working like you can see on image.

A lot of thanks again

MayilVahanan

Same formula working fine

MayilVahanan_0-1618996044142.png

pcservicios
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Are you working with test v2.qvw? this report have extra data with one purchase on same date. And my problem is there.

I think your example is with the first version of the report, sorry.

Please donwload test v2.qvw, and try with it, thanks.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Are you send the correct file?