cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Let QlikView Consider The Difference Between 0-Value and Missing Value

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me out.

I've got a KPI that shows a number over time. This number is usualy 0 or 1 and sometimes 2. When I want to show this in a Line chart Qlik doesn't show the 0-values, because it thinks these are missing values. I want a solid line in my chart and when the value is 0 it must continu on the x axis. I can't do this with the supress zero-values because I want the check between a 0-value and a missing value.

Hope this is clear, Please Help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I got it guys. Thanks for the help but I've solved it a different way.

First I upped all the values in the script with 0.0000000001. This way the zero values become larger than zero and the missing values become 0. Then I used the NUM() function to only show the first the value without decimals. This way the value of 0.0000000001 where showed as 0, but are in fact larger than 0. This way I can use the argb() color function to only give a color to the values larger than 0.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe something like (assuming a KPI like Sum(Value)):

=If( Sum(Value), Sum(Value), Dual( '0', Pow(2,-27) ) )

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe marking existing values using symbols helps to distinguish between missing and zero-values when showing zero-values:

QlikCommunity_Thread_215913_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_215913_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_215913_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_215913_Pic4.JPG

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

I got it guys. Thanks for the help but I've solved it a different way.

First I upped all the values in the script with 0.0000000001. This way the zero values become larger than zero and the missing values become 0. Then I used the NUM() function to only show the first the value without decimals. This way the value of 0.0000000001 where showed as 0, but are in fact larger than 0. This way I can use the argb() color function to only give a color to the values larger than 0.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Isn't this pretty similar to what I've suggested above (maybe except using the background color)?

=If( Sum(Value), Sum(Value), Dual( '0', Pow(2,-27) ) )