Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License Lease

We have two servers:

• test server
  • production server

The problem is, when a colleague opens a QlikView Desktop installed in test server, she can only work with personal edition ie she cannot retrieve a license from production server.
What is even more stranger is that I can retrieve the license from the production server when I open QliKView Desktop on test server.
Can anybody please provide some reasonable explanation for this behaviour and suggest the plan how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks!

D.

19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dragan

One AD User with a Named CAL can only be licenced on 2 machines at a time.

You only have 2 servers so you should be ok, but is your colleague also using Qlikview on another machine like a laptop or PC ?

In QMC you can check ::

• System
  • Licences
  • QlikView Server
  • Client Access Licences (CALs)
  • History

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dragan,

To lease the license, He/She should need to have named user assigned the QMC(Qlikview Managment Console) then only they can lease. First assign a Named CAL to her and then ask her to Lease.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dragan

Have you try this

qvp://userid@prodserverIP

Not applicable
Author

The colleague usually develops with NamedCAL locally on her laptop, but when the application sometimes requires large resources, she swithces to Test Server. Therefore, from that point it should be ok, since she is developing exactly on two different physical machines.

I did check all the items you listed in QMC. Locally is can develop application (a license is assigned to her user). However when she wants to develop on test server, and when she opens QV DEVELOPER tool, a message about personal edition usage is displayed. Furthermore, she cannot retrieve her current license from production server so that she can continue developing on test server.

Do you maybe have some explanation or suggestion?

Many thanks!

D.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dragan

Can you share a screenshot of the QMC CAL History screen ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh,

she can retrieve a license from her laptop and develop locally. However, the problem arises when she wants to develop on test server (applications that require large resources). When she opens QV developer on test server, she gets the message that she is working with personal edition. Retrieving the same license is not functioning. Also she cannot log in with her user on test server - even then she gets the message about personal edition usage.
Do you maybe have some other idea?

Thanks
D.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nirmal,

we tried it. She still gets the message about personal editio usage.
Any other idea maybe?

Thanks!

D.

Not applicable
Author

Ok. In test server also ask her to lease the license from Production server one more time and then try.

Not applicable
Author

The "QMC CAL History" screen has only one entry, and that entry is from 2014 year. I am also surprised, why other entries are not available. This entry is from a user that does not belog to a colleague. I can send it, but would that help?
It really is a strange case, since before she was able to develop locally as well as on test server...