Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit Dimension in pivot table for date

Hi guys,

I have read lots of discussions about limiting dimension in pivot table, anyhow I need to ask:
How can I limit dimension in pivot table to show expressions just for latest 10 dates?

Thank for your valuable help!

38 Replies
its_anandrjs

Dimension limit feature in QV 11.0 version or for straight tables not for pivot my correction for this but you can use if conditions for this and load minimum data.

Not applicable
Author

not for a PIVOT TABLE.
Calculated expression needed!

its_anandrjs

Suppose you want to limit your dimension to the latest 10 days

Eg:-

In Expression write

=sum({<DATE={">=$(ToDate) <=$(FromDate)"}>} Sales )

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Dimension Limit is not available in QlikView Pivot Table...

You need to add calculated dimension something like below..

=IF(Date>=Date(Today()-10),Date)

Not applicable
Author

can this be modified to show latest 10 dates OF ALL DATES THAT 'EXEC_DATE' FIELD CONTAINS?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Don't know how to do by Calculated Dimension but yes, you can achieve the same using Set Analysis in Expression..

Consider that you want SUM(Sales) for last 10 EXEC_DATE

Create a Pivot Table

Dimension

EXEC_DATE

Expression

SUM({<EXEC_DATE= {">$(=Date(Max({1}EXEC_DATE)-10))"}>}Sales)     // This will give you last 10 days irrespective of your EXEC_DATE selection.

and

SUM({<EXEC_DATE= {">$(=Date(Max(EXEC_DATE)-10))"}>}Sales) // This will based on selection

Hope this helps....

its_anandrjs

You can limit your dimension by any variable also

Let vLatestDate =  Date(Today()-10,'DD/MM/YYYY');

and use in dimension like

=IF(YourDateField = $(vLatestDate), Date)

Not applicable
Author

well, this would give me a 10 last dates from now.

what I want is 10 latest dates of all of EXEC_DATE field.

imagine that this field can contain dates from the previous day, three dates from a previous mont, few dates from a previous year etc... and I need a 10 latest of this values - values in EXEC_DATE.

its_anandrjs

In database how you identify the dates is latest in the EXEC_DATE if there is a way to identify the latest date so if in load script a Flag field is created and according to Flag field read the dates. Like EXEC_DATE , LatestFlag among with Flag field and in dimension fetch only those flags like 1 for latest and 0 for old

If(LatestFlag = 1, EXEC_DATE) in dimension you use that

Regards