cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Chart

Hiya

I am trying to get a line chart to show MTD for some reason it works on No Accumulation but on Full Accumulation it shows for the whole month.

Attached PIC - Blue line is this month

I just wanted MTD so do not show for remainder of month.

Also another question what is Full Accumulation accumulate and no accumulate

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Answer for Full & non accumulate:

from QlikView help, Accumulation:

By choosing between the settings in this group, you decide whether the values in the chart should be accumulated or not. In an accumulated chart, each y-value is added to the y-value of the following x-value. In an accumulated bar chart showing the sum of sales per year, e.g. the value of the year 1996 is added to that of the year 1997. If your chart contains several expressions, select the expression which values to be accumulated in the Expressions list. Accumulation is not available for pivot tables.

1.png

sunny_talwar

I think you will need to use RangeSum(Above()) functions to accumulate instead of using QlikView's inbuilt accumulation functions. With RangeSum(Above()) you have the power to configure, but with inbuilt you get what is given. Do you have a sample you can share to demonstrate?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So in expressions i have

=Sum({<CalenderMonth = {"$(vCurrentMonth)"}>}Collections)

Where do i put the rangesum?

sunny_talwar

Something like this:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<CalenderMonth = {"$(vCurrentMonth)"}>}Collections), 0, RowNo))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help Sunny, but it didnt work

sunny_talwar

Without a sample to look at, it was going to be difficult to give you a sample which would def. work. If you are able to provide one, I might be able to help better

avinashelite

as per my knowledge If you have any null values Full accumulation doesn't work

If you have more than 1 dimension in the chart than sunny's expressions need little change

try like this

=Rangesum(above(total Sum({<CalenderMonth = {"$(vCurrentMonth)"}>}Collections),0,rowno(total)))

or

=Rangesum(above(Sum({<CalenderMonth = {"$(vCurrentMonth)"}>}Collections),0,rowno(total)))