Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart question

hello i want to create a line chart which counts the material produced every minute. I have an sql db with date and time (23.05.2017 23:30:10) for measure i will count a column. When i add the Date column from sql i see multiple dates as dimension. I need to see the number of produced products every minute. So i dont want to see date as dimension but minute.

I hope i am clear.

19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello in addition to code i deleted seconds from data manager, because in dimension it still displayed seconds.datetime.PNG

now the graphic is as below, there is still 4 from same minute . i need 1 value which will be 8 in the yellow marked area as 12:12:2016 01:03

grph2.PNG

it should be like this

datetime2.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Deleting seconds from the format does not change the underlying value, so you still have seconds value - they only look like minute values. To ensure proper minute values, round the datetime to the nearest minute

TimeStamp(Round(DateTime, 1/1440), 'yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm')

(1440 is the number of minutes in a 24h day)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sorry i couldn't find the place to write this

TimeStamp(Round(DateTime, 1/1440), 'yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm')

is it the main section at data load editor SET .....

or the code you send(where exacly)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i wrote it as dimension expression , the result is as below, i just dont need the seconds that is all

grph3.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you provide the full script, as has already been requested, I will be able to show you exactly where to put that statement. Use it for the fact table load statement (ie where you load DateTime).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i copied the script below. the graph is currently as below. But counts wrong, normally at sql db there is  7 references at "2018.05.18 10:56" but graph counts 3.

dimension =     TimeStamp(Round(DateTime, 1/1440), 'yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm')

measure  =  count(referans)

grph4.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

LOAD

[ID],

APPLYMAP( 'CELLNOMapping', [CELLNO]) AS [CELLNO],

TimeStamp(Round(DateTime, 1/1440), 'yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm') AS [DateTimeM],

Timestamp([DateTime] ,'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm[:ss[.fff]]') AS [DateTime],

[Referans];

SQL SELECT "ID",

"CELLNO",

"DateTime",

"Referans"

FROM "MidProduct"."dbo"."URT_BASE";

Use DateTimeM as the chart dimension. You need DateTime to keep the association with the calendar.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

01:12:03

Output cleared.

01:12:05

---

Started loading data

---

---

The following error occurred:

ApplyMap error:

map_id not found

---

The error occurred here:

LOAD

[ID],

APPLYMAP( 'CELLNOMapping', [CELLNO]) AS [CELLNO],

TimeStamp(Round(DateTime, 1/1440), 'yyyy.MM.dd hh:mm') AS [DateTimeM],

Timestamp([DateTime] ,'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm[:ss[.fff]]') AS [DateTime],

[Referans]

---

The following error occurred:

ApplyMap error:

map_id not found

---

The error occurred here:

?

---

Data has not been loaded. Please correct the error and try loading again.

01:12:08

App successfully saved.

rubenmarin

Hi Erhan, the dates are different (different second), so it will be different values, to show only only dimension value per minute you need to create the field that has the exact same value for every minute. That is, removing seconds and miliseconds:

TimeStamp(Floor(Timestamp#(DateTime, 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.fff'), 1/1440)) as DateTime

Check attachment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello it works with with your file. now i'm trying to put the code inside my dashboard