Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Line chart

Hello Developers

I have a line chart in which i created 4 reference lines that shows the range value. If i select any lab the line chart should display only the reference line that lab has the value range. The other reference lines should not be displayed. Can someone help me please.

Thanks

Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe use a condition that checks the max range value against your reference line value?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

" If i select any lab the line chart should display only the reference line that lab has the value range. "

Sorry, I don't understand this. Could you elaborate further?

In general, you can use the show condition in the reference line properties, but it seems you already discovered this.

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the reply.

In the below image the CD pass upper limit line should not be displayed. The reference lines should be displayed according to the range of the selected lab.

line chart.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

In the version you've uploaded, the reference line is not shown, it's only shown for lab 'ARUP'.

edit: You can change the condition to

=SubstringCount( Concat(Distinct Lab,'|'), 'ARUP')

to also show the line when nothing is selected (so whenever ARUP is a possible value in lab value range).

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes Stefan. I want these condition should apply for all labs. The reference lines should display only the range for each selected lab.

Thanks

Anil

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seem I am still missing what is defining these ranges.

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Stefan

In the above screen shot i have selected the lab genetica. There are 4 reference lines in that chart the blue line is not reaching the CD pass limit line as the range value is greater than the range value of that lab. That reference line should not appear in the chart.

Thanks

Anil

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe use a condition that checks the max range value against your reference line value?

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Stefan

Thanks

Anil