Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line color multiple input box or transparent background

Hello,

Is it possible to change the color of the lines between the cells in a multiple input box ?

Inputbox.png

When this is not possible, can I make the background transparent so I can put an empty table behind it to simulate the lines ?

Auke

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if you can change the line color, haven't found a setting for this.

You can set the background to transparent in presentation tab, select variable and then change row colors / background. Check that no background is set in background dialog at the bottom of this tab (or use / set an image here to achieve what you want).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Stefan, thank you.

At first it dit not work. In Document Properties|General|Color Scheme was set as Light.

When I changed this in [Custom] the Input box got transparent, also my Listbox went bananas (colors).

When I changed the Color Scheme back to Light the Input box stays transparent, to my surprise.

Auke

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hm, mine color scheme is and was set to Light too. Input box went to transparent without changing the color scheme. I am using QV11. Probably one of the QV surprises...

Happy new year!

Not applicable
Author

I use QV10 SR2.

This is my final 'Input grid', made of a List box, 3 multiple Input boxes and a Tabel box for the lines.

Input grid.png

This way I can make my own selections in different fields.

Auke

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Looks interesting...

So you basically keep a set of variables with search expressions and then have another "selector" to select the appropriate set of search expression (one line in above table) and apply them to fields Materiaal, Voorraf, Spoelbak? Like a shortcut for those searches?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, see screenshot.

A trigger on the variable updates the other objects.

Is it possible to make a standard function for the If(..) expressions with the index and part variable replaced with $1 and $2, so I can change the variable into myFunction($1, $2) ?

Uitleg Input grid.png

Auke

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, this could be possible, please look into dollar-sign expansion with parameters in the Help file.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I created a 'function variable' vZoekFunctie

If((Index(GetFieldSelections(expno, ','), $1) <> 0) and ($2 <> '*|*|*'

,' or Zoekstring like ' & chr(39) & $2 & chr(39))

and replaced the original variable with

= '= Zoekstring = 1'

& $(vZoekFunctie(1, vExpr1))

& $(vZoekFunctie(2, vExpr2))

& $(vZoekFunctie(3, vExpr3))

& $(vZoekFunctie(4, vExpr4))

& $(vZoekFunctie(5, vExpr5))

& $(vZoekFunctie(6, vExpr6))

Nice and short.

Auke