Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III

List Box Properties query: Two Years data

Hi All,

I originally had list box properties to pull 2015 data only. I want it now to show 2015 or 2016 depending on what Year filter is selected. I have used the below script with the bold being the 2015 information to  be included but the result does not seem correct to me.

Any suggestions? Or any way I can reduce the below ?

=Num (Count(Distinct If([Company.Car Order]='Ford' AND [Status]='Completed' AND InYear([Completed Date], Today(), 0) or InYear([Completed Date], Today(), -1), [Id], )), '###,###')

Many thanks.

15 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

=Num (Count(Distinct If([Company Car Order]='Ford' AND [Status]='Completed' AND

InYear([Completed Date], Today(), 0) or InYear([Completed Date], Today(), -1) Id)) '###,###')

sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Count(DISTINCT {<[Company.Car Order] = {'Ford'}, Status = {'Completed'}, Year = {$(=Max(Year)}>} Id)

Anonymous
Not applicable

No harm trying like this?

Take two variable:

Let V1=max(YearField)

Let V2=max(YearField)-1

=num(Count(Disctinct {<[Company.Car Order]={'Ford'} , [Status]={'Completed'}, YearField={'>=$(=V2)<=$(=V1)'}>} [Id]), '###,###')

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Sunny,

Hope you're well.

Will Year = {$(=Max(Year)}>} show all years? I only want it to show '15 & '16.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

No, it will only show the max year. If nothing is selected and 2016 is the max year than it will show the data for 2016. If you make a selection on 2015, max year changes to 2015 and you will see the results for 2015.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try with my suggestion?

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ah great, that worked a charm!

If I apply the same principle to use the InQuarter function I get "Error", whats wrong with the below?

=Count(DISTINCT {<[Activity.Order] = {'Completed'},{<[Activity.Order Date]= {'InQuarter'}, Year = {$(=Max(Year)}>}, [Activity Id])

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Balrai, I tried it momentarily and I couldnt get it working for me so I reverted to another suggestion. Thanks though.

sunny_talwar

You seems to have extra {< in there:

Count(DISTINCT {<[Activity.Order] = {'Completed'},{<[Activity.Order Date]= {'InQuarter'}, Year = {$(=Max(Year)}>}, [Activity Id])

Try removing it:

Count(DISTINCT {<[Activity.Order] = {'Completed'}, [Activity.Order Date]= {'InQuarter'}, Year = {$(=Max(Year)}>}, [Activity Id])