Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List of selected items

Hi guys,

I have a set of things where I want to select, and then do a comparison on the list of things I get.

For example, if I select companies in technology, I would get a list of all the companies, however, I want to be able to make two lists to allow users to do a comparative analysis.

How do I create two lists based on selections done from other data, and make it separate from any selections done. For example, if I just make a list box of the list of company, they do show up, however, if I select one, the other seems to as well select that particular company. I want this data to some what be separated from the list of companies I have, that way I can easily show the data.

Thanks for anyone who can help!

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In Qlikview 11 you can use alternate states to do this. You can find an example in the What's New in Qlikview 11 demo on the Product Grouping tab.

You can create alternate states on the General tab of the document properties window. You can then assign the alternate states to an object on the General tab of that objects' properties window. Selections in one alternate state only affect objects in the same alternate states. However you can create expressions that target a specific alternate state or even a specific field in a specific alternate state. For example sum({[Group1]} Sales) would listen to the alternate state named Group1. And sum({<Product=[Group1]::Product>} Sales) would listen to the default state except for the field Product which is tied to the alternate state Group1.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response!

I have another problem however. The list modifies itself based on the other selections done, however, at the same time, I need this to be an alternative state. Basically, if the list I want is in an alternative state, I cannot filter with the previous data I've selected.

Example: When I pick Technology, it will filter all the tech companies in the selection. I have one window where if I select a company, it would give me information about that company. In another window, I want two list boxes of the companies within technology (since I chose technology). These two list boxes will not disturb the one window where I could select a company.