Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Literature on QlikView for Finance?

Hi,

I am regularly looking for any new literature on QlikView, usually on packt. For that, I usually prey on one of those promotions they do once in a while where they sell everything for $5 apiece.

I still think that "QlikView 11 for developers" was the best there was and is, covering pretty much all that other books cover, too - not that I know all other books 😉 - but now I am looking for something more specific:

Can someone tell me what would be the best choice to learn about using QlikView for any financial purposes?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

if you want to learn some more sophisticated stuff I suggest the 3 - 6 books from the top from here: Books and literature. The second one from Oleg is also good but there is some overlapping with "QlikView 11 for developers" even if the there used business-logic is more professional and it goes more in depth. For you with now some years of experience with qlikview you will get more insights and ideas from the others.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

if you want to learn some more sophisticated stuff I suggest the 3 - 6 books from the top from here: Books and literature. The second one from Oleg is also good but there is some overlapping with "QlikView 11 for developers" even if the there used business-logic is more professional and it goes more in depth. For you with now some years of experience with qlikview you will get more insights and ideas from the others.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

thanks a lot! That is indeed very useful. I do realize that in spite of my experience, there is a lot more that I do not yet know. A bit like once upon a time with Excel - after a while, I was the one in the company knowing most about it, but still a far cry from everything 😉

From the looks of that (the names of the books, I mean) they are all available from packtpub?

I will keep that list in mind for next time they have a promo. Last time I went a bit more for "breadth" because I didn't yet know which direction I would end up with and I got a few books on other tools.

If I get the job I am after right now, that will be with QlikView, so it will be well worth spending a bit of money on those as ebooks - that way I can spend my commuting-time with something sensible 😉

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: There's probably also a lot that I have not yet tried just because I always consciously limited myself to keeping everything somewhat standardized and simple to use so that the people who actually need the data would be able to understand it without much background_knowledge (they are for the most part not the best paid lot ...). Moreover, management was to be able to view all team_dashboards, so they should see the same layout everywhere and know their way around ... which is probably the reason why I never could see what's so great about management-dashboards which show about 20 different things on one sheet ... well, maybe if the users (managers) know all that - but ours clearly don't 😉

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I bought that "QlikView for finance" now, packtpub are just having a promo for that "Day against DRM", with 50% off ebooks and 80% off videos ...

I will still go after the others, for Data_visualization and Dashboard_design.

The trouble is, packt is often having promos these days which last for only a day or two and I don't get a newsletter to inform me of the fact - so it's down to visiting once a day and looking ... and I'm going on holiday soon to where Internet_connection is not to be taken for granted like it is here ...