Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load Calc field based on multiple criteria

Hi All

I have been kicking this question around for a while and I just cant seem to get it right - I hope someone can help.

I have multiple data files that is a log of applications - as part of the load I need to identify if an application is open and if so what Team it is with.

I need to create a calculated field during load based on this criteria :

For each application = the latest date where it is Status = RDY AND there is no CMP for a later date in Team Closed

Any advise relly appreciated

Thanks

A

ApplicationTeamDateStatusCalculated field
1Input01/01/2014 09:00CMP
2Input01/01/2014 10:00RDY
1Verify01/01/2014 11:00RDY
1Doc02/01/2014 10:00RDY
1Print02/01/2014 12:00CMP
2Verify02/01/2014 13:00CMP
2Doc01/01/2014 11:30RDYOPEN
3Verify01/01/2014 12:30RDYOPEN
3Print02/01/2014 12:00CMP
1Closed02/01/2014 12:00CMP
7 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this could be solved with inter-record-functions in (nested) if-loops in a sorted load. The condition isn't really clear to me, therefore as abstract example:

sourcedata:

Load * From source;

sourcedataSort:

Load

if(rowno() = 1, Status, if(Application = peek('Application', -1) and Status = 'XYZ', 'abc',

if(......................))) as [Calculated field]

Resident sourcedata Order by Application, Date;

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus

Thanks for your response - can you please explain how the calculate Field is working - my understanding is the following :

If its the first row then take the status ( this will give a result either RDY or CMP )

or if the app number is not the same as the app number previous and the status us XYZ - 'ABC' .

I am wondering which is the part with the latest date ?

Can you help me apply the logic ?

Thanks

A

marcus_sommer

If(Application <> peek('Application', -1) then there is a new application with its startdate. Perhaps there is a better/easier way to check the latest date - per mapping and applymap:

MapLatestDate:

Mapping Load Application, max(Date) as MaxDate From Source Group By Application;

sourcedataSort:

Load

if(Date = applymap('MapLatestDate', Date) and Status = 'XYZ' and peek('Status', -1) = 'ABC', 'abc',

if(......................))) as [Calculated field]

Resident sourcedata Order by Application, Date;

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
maxgro
MVP
MVP

see attachment

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo and Gysbert,

Both look great I will have a look this morning and see if I can apply to my data - thanks so much for taking the time to draft samples - I will respond with my findings ( questions!)

Thanks again

A

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo

Can you explain the alt part of the following ?

Thanks

A

and

MaxDateRDY

>=alt

(MaxDateCMP

)