Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marychen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Load a BLOB text field from Oracle into QlikView 12.10 SR7

I am trying to load a blob filed from Oracle into QlikView 12.10 SR7. The following is the script I created based on Qlik article "How to store binary image SQL server and load it into QlikView". The GDTXFT field is the blog field which holds the text notes up to 3000 characters. After reload, all I got for the GDTXFT is either a "S" or a "{". When I use INFO(ACTIVITY_ID) it displays a string like this: "qmem://<6>/<60148><b43ee1c1914df022acef91dc7edb2d15>" . Does anyone know how I can turn the INFO(ACTIVITY_ID) into a readable text notes in QliKView?

ODBC CONNECT TO [JDEDEV;DBQ=JDEDEV ] (XUserId is ABC, XPassword is XXX);

SQL SELECT ZGAVID as ACTIVITY_ID, GDTXFT
FROM CHDTA.F03B31 LEFT JOIN CHDTA.F00165
ON ZGAVID = GDTXKY AND ZGAIT = 30 AND GDOBNM = 'GT03B31' and DBMS_LOB.GETCHUNKSIZE(GDTXFT)<=32767;

INFO SELECT ZGAVID as ACTIVITY_ID, GDTXFT
FROM CHDTA.F03B31 LEFT JOIN CHDTA.F00165
ON ZGAVID = GDTXKY AND ZGAIT = 30 AND GDOBNM = 'GT03B31' and DBMS_LOB.GETCHUNKSIZE(GDTXFT)<=32767;

2 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

marychen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Tested this approach as suggested before. I guess it should work fine with MS SQL database, but not with Oracle database. Thanks for sending me the link.