Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load from QVD(S) with logic in selecting the files to be loaded

Dear Community,

In my company, we have individual file created daily containing snapshot of inventory and each file is name as MARD_YYYMMDD (Example : MARD_20160830.QVD for 30th Aug 2016 inventory).

Usually I will load and accumulate data from these file using From MARD_*.QVD before filtered to form charts. However, as the files increases in months and years, we will have many of these snapshot files which took long time to loads from all the files. I know house keeping is one option but these files are shared and used by many other departments.

Now I would want to try having some form of logic to load files greater then and less then specific dates, is there a way to control the files to be read using such thing as

From (MID(Filename(MARD_*.QVD), 6,8)  >= 20160815  and MID(Filename(MARD_*.QVD), 6,8) <= 20160825)  

Please do help if you have the answer to the above.

Thanks and best regards,

John Lee

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this logic.

First get the list of filename from the folder. Below link will help (it has script for the same).

loop through to load all files from a folder and its subfolders?

Now Once you get the file name, extract the date from that.

Filter the file name based on your date criteria using where clause.

Now use the For loop to load the data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!