Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dusasuman
Creator
Creator

Load order

Hi Community,

I am loading one table in Ascending order based on two fields UnitNumber and Activity date to perform few calculations. But the same Unit number will have 2 or more Activity dates for these records i need load by its original load order.

Is it possible to load a table by load order at this instance.?

Please help me with your suggestions..

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might want to add a sequence number field to the table during the original load, then use this sequence number to sort by the original load order:

LOAD ....

RowNo() as SequenceID,

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan..

Thanks for your suggestion.. But i am loading Unit Number and Activity date in Desc order,, when multiple records occurs at same Unit Number and same Activity Date the i Need to load by ascending order of Sequence ID.. Is it possible to load by combination of Asc and Desc order?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

ORDER BY UnitNumber asc, ActivityDate asc, SequenceID desc

(Asc is the default direction , it can be omitted - and usually is)

ORDER BY UnitNumber, ActivityDate, SequenceID desc

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

At that instance it is not considering order of SequenceID.. It is Just ignoring order of SequenceID..

Not sure what happening with load order..

Thnaks...