Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load records where value is in multiple fields

Hi

I'm new to Qlikview and need help with this. I have massive records from patient treatment where surgical procedures (eg 'NGD10') is stored in multiple fields (eg. ncsp_1, ncsp_2...ncsp_10). What I need is to do a loop/repeat to just pick out records that have a specific value using either match or wildmatch function. Can someone please show me how to do it in script?

Sample data.jpg

4 Replies
parthakk
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Daniel,

U mean u want to eliminate the null values? And are you applying croostable upon this?

Thanks,

Partha K

Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

Can you share an example of your data set? And maybe an example of your desired result.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you need the records which are having NGD10 in all the columns you mentioned ?

you can use where clause in script.

Can you elaborate more .

Thanks

BKC

Not applicable
Author

Partha: U mean u want to eliminate the null values? And are you applying croostable upon this?

No and don't want to apply crosstable because it will make number of rows much more than we can handle

Balkumar:

Do you need the records which are having NGD10 in all the columns you mentioned ?

you can use where clause in script.

Yes, I like for example to mark or just pick records that have "NGD10","GBD20","GFC*". The values can appear sometimes in ncsp_1, sometimes in ncsp_2 etc. How can I write this with a Where-clause? Do I need a For Each loop?