Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load visible excel sheets

Hi Guys,

Ok this is my challenge. I have a lot of excel files to load ()

For each file I need to loop and get all the sheets.

So far it's working.

I discover, there is hidden sheets in my excels that I don't need to load.

Example : A sheet is the name "A" can be visible in File A and hidden in file B.

How can I detect in Qlikview if it's a visible or hidden sheet?

Thanks a lot.

Eva

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You could probably use RobW's approach in this post...

I've used it in the past, and managed to get it working...

https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/680888-141894/excelMultiSheet.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I do have this kind of script.... but it's loading invisible sheet.

Cheers

Eva

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

See this to load all sheets in all excel ...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

It's really close to my script but my problem is not about loading all the sheets. It's about NOT loading the HIDDEN sheets.

Sorry for the confusion.

Eva

marcus_sommer

If you could change those excel-files you could create a small load-table within them (maybe in a further hidden sheet) which contained all sheets and their visibility-state - automatically created/updated per an OnClose trigger - and this table is then your filter through which you looped for loading each desired sheet.

If you couldn't change those files you will need to do the same from external - maybe through a vbs-file and triggered per execute-statement directly from the qv-load-script. But easier would be to use excel itself beforehand which runs through all the excel-files and creates a kind of master-table with the available files and sheets.

Conclusion: I think the only way is to query this per macro, see: Worksheet.Visible-Eigenschaft (Excel).

- Marcus