Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading inline statements from sql table

Hi, I use an inline table to group a load of data I use like so:

Load * Inline ['Object Account' 'Group']

01112, GroupA

01123, Group B

etc etc

However it has been requested that this list be easily updatable, I was wondering therefore is it possible to do the same by loading the information for a SQL table somewhere, i.e.

Load * Inline [etc etc]

etc, etc

FROM SQL1

Is this possible??

Cheers Ben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Either you create a new table in your database and a client program for updating the list, or use an Excel file. Usually, xls file is the most common solution because is the fastest way and only one user is changing the list.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ben,

What is your reason for loading data from SQL table using inline load?

I don't understand.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I have been using the inline statement to group a column of object accounts into two groups, so I pull through Object account then use:

Load * Inline [Object Account, Group]

ObAcc1, Group1

ObAcc2, Group 2

etc

This allows me to divide them up nice and easily on the screen, however it now appears that the list of Object Accounts can change quite often so it would be easier if the object account and group list could be stored elsewhere a SQL table is easiest for us, then someone can edit that without having to go through all of qlikviews coding.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Ben

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm not shore if I understand your problem, but why don't you load the sql-table as it is, that means with a load or sql load?

When the column names are right it works exactly like an inline load.

Regards Alex:)

Not applicable
Author

Either you create a new table in your database and a client program for updating the list, or use an Excel file. Usually, xls file is the most common solution because is the fastest way and only one user is changing the list.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

"Inline" tells it that you're loading from an inline table. If you want to load from an SQL table, you use "SQL" instead with a slightly different format:

LOAD *;
SQL SELECT * FROM SQL1;

Not applicable
Author

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I realised you were right, I just loaded a sql table with one column name "Object Account" and the other column as "Group"

All sorted now,

Cheers

Ben