Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Macros(avoid Ctrl+Shift+M)

Hi,

I am using macros in one application. When we open it on the access point we have to press the Ctrl+Shift+M and we have to select “Give System Access to Module Script”. I want to make it more user friendly.

Can we write some code in macros so that there would be no need to press Ctrl+Shift+M on access point.

Thanks

Sagar

3 Replies
eromiyasimon
Creator II
Creator II

you can assign a button to activate the macro

create a button

go to properties

go to action tab

go external division

select the option run macro

marcus_sommer

The execution of macros must be allowed on the user-level (the logic is similar to ms office macros) and normally you will get a fourth option within the forced dialog of CTRL+Shift+M to remember your choosen setting which will be saved within the settings.ini from the user: C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\settings.ini (the settings.ini itself could be manipulate per editor).

If you don't see this option or it's greyed out then some settings within the modul security, document properties or the qmc settings are wrong (I don't know which one are essential for this - you will need some attempts or search further within the community).

- Marcus

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Marcus