Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III

Map a dimension for multiple scenarios

I need to write a logic in the load script for the below scenario. Could you please suggest the best way to achieve that 

I need to map the keyword for the respective code in the QVD based on the below condition.I have multiple scenarios to check like if the letter is greater than 2000 and the Author does not equal or equals to a specific name. I have tried with mapping load but I ended with multiple mapping tables

My QVD has Code, Letter & Author

Mapping sheet

Code  Letter Author Keyword

A           2500    QQ        Ok

A            1500   BB          SS

B           1800    CC          VV

B            2800   QQ        Ok

Labels (3)
6 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

You can try with nested if condition something like below

If(Letter > 2500 and Author= 'QQ', 'OK', If(Author = 'BB', 'SS', 'VV')) as Keyword

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Brian2569
Contributor
Contributor

Multi-dimension mapping enables you to define member mapping based on multiple source column values. This functionality provides you with the ability to load data into dimensions unavailable in the target application. For example, the mapping for Account dimension can be based on source values of Entity, Product, and Project. Multi-dimension mappings derive the target values based on the combination of source values. In addition, Lookup dimensions can be added to Target Application registration. These dimensions contain source dimensions that do not exist in the target application. They provide even more flexibility in creating multi-dimension filters. It is a way to facilitate conditional data loading. One Vanilla

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have around 500 code to map.I have given few for example
arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Do you mean any extension?
arusiva89
Contributor III