Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Master Calendar with 3 IDs/3 Calendars

Hi everyone,

I am posting a sample QVW - I have 3 ID/Year/Amounts that I want to link together with a master Year field, but still have the option to select one of the specific year fields as well. Does anyone know how I can do this?

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌See if this example fits your case.

Qlikview Cookbook: Tutorial - Using Common Date Dimensions http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/tutorial-using-common-date-dimensions/

ROb

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response. I tried your solution before but, while I loved how well it was presented, I could not implement it. I think this is because I have 3 different IDs, not just OrderID as in your tutorial.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Why would you do so? The years in these tables does not have much in common, but a field related to a year. What will be the benefit to have a year to select?

Nevertheless you may concatenate the datatables and always add a field "Year", like

Load *, EventYear AS Year INLINE [

HTH Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your solution, and it works as intended. However, it is not the ideal solution because I also want to show how the data is related across the three year fields.

Here is my example. In the app I attached, you can see that in EventYear 2012, there are two EventIDs, 2 & 3. Those two EventIDs are associated with 4 PersonnelIDs, a - b - c - d. Finally, you can see that a - b - c - d have PersonnelAmounts that go from 2008-2012 in the PersonnelYear field.

So ideally, I want

1) to be able to click '2012' in EventYear and get all associated amounts for all personnel in all PersonnelYears for that event, and

2) I want a common Year field where if I select 2008-2012, I only get Amounts and IDs within that time range.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi Andrew,

then you should create a separate table with all possible combinations: year and IDs and link back the data.

Peter