Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Max value line

Hi all,

I got a bar chart that contains 2 expressions. Showing me the revenue over week 1 - 30

Now I would like to add a line/reference that marks the point of the max revenue. This line should move troughout the whole chart.

I Could easily just put in 740 in an expression but I then I need to adjust this when we make a revenue of 750.

This is what I got:

IF(Rank(SUM( Revenue)= 1, SUM(Revenue))/1000 = Gives me max revenue and marks it but does not create a line.

kind regards

Vincent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is the expression to get the maximum amount per salesman (and assumes that Salesman is the only dimension on the chart):

=Max(Aggr(SUM(Revenue))/1000, Salesman))

Use this expression for the reference line.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Are you putting this in the 'Reference Lines' or as a new expression?

This seems like something you'd want in the reference lines.

Not applicable
Author

i tried putting this in the reference line 1 min ago.

Problem is It does not aggregate the total revenue but the revenue per salesman

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Well, then could it be another expression represented by a line?  You may need to take the 'if' piece out, because the rank would only be 1 one time, and would probably be only represented by a dot in your chart.  Could you post the qvw or a sample of the qvw you are working on?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is the expression to get the maximum amount per salesman (and assumes that Salesman is the only dimension on the chart):

=Max(Aggr(SUM(Revenue))/1000, Salesman))

Use this expression for the reference line.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!