Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing bar plot when using island

Dear all,

I am using a data island for plotting multiple KPIs. However, for a certain dimension it does not work and I do not get the mistake.

In case I am not using an island it works out.

See attached for the example.

Many thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I see the problem. You need to clear out selection in Company field in your alternate state... See attached now

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure why it isn't working properly, but it works if I introduce an alternate state. Check out the attachment

Not applicable
Author

Ok that is weird.

Any chance to avoid alternate state due to known nprinting on-demand issues?

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand the behavior well enough to do this without alternate state. Seems like a bug to me, but have not read or heard about this before to confirm.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, that is too bad. Can I report this somewhere?

Not applicable
Author

There is a weird thing happening.

When I adjust the chart in my document as you proposed nothing happens. When I copy this chart to your document it works fine.

Is there any document settings I am missing?

sunny_talwar

I just created an alternate state, no other change

Not applicable
Author

Mhh I did so too... Which Qlikview version are you using? But that cannot be the problem as it works when copying it into your document?!

sunny_talwar

I am using QV12 and you are right, you are also opening the application. But that is just weird. I am not sure what might not be working here

Not applicable
Author

Ok. Can you try whether this is working at your machine? I have made all the adjustments including the alternate state, but nothing happens. Would like to know whether this is something weird on my machine