Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjlalaps
Contributor II
Contributor II

Month to Month same day

Good day,

i have to show results of the amount collected from month to date however it should display the current months day and all prior months same day i.e. 01.01.2018 = 5000, 01.02.2018 = 6000, 01.03.2018 = 4000, etc

so i need to see how much we collected same day today as last month and all the other months before it.

i have attached sample date that i am using to conduct this, and hopefully anyone who can assist will use this.

i hope this makes sense.

regards

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can create a Day() out of the Date field and then use that in Set analysis to get the same day for all the months.

Assuming that you have Day in fieldName "DAY". Do following.

Create a Table with Month as Dimension and Expression as below.

Sum({<DAY = {"$(=Max({<Date = {'$(=Max(Date))'}>}DAY))"}>}Sales)

This expression will get the Day for the Maximum Date From data and for the same Day it will show sales for all the months.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
GoLeR797370
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello Pjlalaps,

if you use qlik sense version Nov'18, you can use alternate state in qlik sense for compare your data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2JWSzFVwh8&t=164s

Thx

pjlalaps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanx but i am using Qlikview

pjlalaps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Kaushik ,

thanx for the quick response, i noticed that the expression you provided returns the actual collections for the singular day and only for months that end of the 31st.

what i am looking for is the sum of all collections from the beginning of the month till current day for all months. i have attached a dummy view of collections for the whole month from the 1st till the 26th.

want i want the user to see is what are the collections from month to date for all the months up until the current day that we are on i.e. on the attachment if lets say today is the 10.11.2018 then i want to see all the collections from the 1st till the 10th for all the months.

PS: i have also included the desire output on the spreadsheet.

Regards

pjlalaps
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Kaushik ,

thanx for the quick response, i noticed that the expression you provided returns the actual collections for the singular day and only for months that end of the 31st.

what i am looking for is the sum of all collections from the beginning of the month till current day for all months. i have attached a dummy view of collections for the whole month from the 1st till the 26th.

want i want the user to see is what are the collections from month to date for all the months up until the current day that we are on i.e. on the attachment if lets say today is the 10.11.2018 then i want to see all the collections from the 1st till the 10th for all the months.

PS: i have also included the desire output on the spreadsheet.

Regards